Friday, December 26, 2014

2015 Aston Martin Vanquish.....it's AMAZING


Here's something really special about an Aston Martin Vanquish. It's not my favorite model in the British automaker's range – I'm more of a Vantage guy, if I'm being choosy. But every time I drive one, I feel like I'm piloting something fit for royalty, $300,000 price tag and all. It's stunning to look at, even in the rather drab shade of gray pictured here. It makes an absolutely killer noise, the free-breathing V12 firing from beneath the hood and out the back with a truly intoxicating sound. And from behind the wheel, it feels like a truly proper grand tourer. Well, almost.
here's something really special about an Aston Martin Vanquish

The one major hiccup with the Vanquish I drove last year was its six-speed automatic transmission. In a word, it was awful. Really jarring shifts, delayed manual control through the paddles, and really, just a hugely misaligned piece of an otherwise excellent puzzle. So I was happy to hear that for 2015, Aston Martin had fitted a new, ZF-sourced, eight-speed unit – you know, the transmission being used by automakers like BMW, Jaguar, Audi, and many more. I normally have zero issues with this silky gearbox. But in the Vanquish, it wasn't smooth sailing like I expected – it feels like it still needs some final calibrations. But that doesn't make this car any less special.
here's something really special about an Aston Martin Vanquish.

More information about this amazing car:

Engine: 5.9L V12
Power:569 HP / 465 LB-FT
Transmission:8-Speed Auto
0-60 Time:3.6 Seconds
Top Speed:201 MPH
Drivetrain:Rear-Wheel Drive
Engine Placement:Front
Curb Weight:3,833 LBS
Seating:2+2
Cargo:6.6 CU-FT
MPG:13 City / 21 HWY
Base Price:$287,820
As Tested Price:$306,695

No comments:

Post a Comment