|3 California hotels among Gayot's 10 best new...|
The quirky Wayfarer hostel in Santa Barbara and much acclaimed Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles have been cited as two of Gayot's 10 top new hotels in the U.S., according to the guide's website.
Gayot took stock of newcomers in 2014 and ranked those worthy of a tryout. The boutique Kinzie Hotel in Chicago takes the top spot for its location and Chicago map murals on the guestroom walls, according to Gayot's website.
Five of the 10 are in the West, and the New York City area and Florida claim two each.
The Wayfarer is the guide's budget pick for 2014. You can get a private or dorm-style room with "free breakfast, a terrific pool and a community kitchen worthy of the most discerning gourmet chef," Gayot says.
It's pretty hard to beat the sheer beauty of the 1927 United Artists building that Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles took over. The ornate theater, the Chapter restaurant and the rooftop pool put the hotel at No. 3. (Gayout liked the in-room acoustic Martin guitars too.)
Here's Gayot's list of newcomers:
1. Kinzie Hotel, Chicago
2. The Crawford Hotel, Denver
3. Ace Hotel Downtown L.A.
4. The Wayfarer, Santa Barbara
5. The Epiphany, Palo Alto, Calif.
6. Metropolitan by Como, Miami Beach, Fla.
7. Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort, Fla.
8. The Cromwell in Las Vegas
9. Park Hyatt New York in New York City
10. The Paper Factory in Long Island City, N.Y.