Friday, January 23, 2015

Jennifer Lopez Talks of Time 'My Life Was Falling Apart'


The time surrounding Jennifer Lopez's movie "Gigli" in 2003 might have been the worst in her life, she said.

The singer and actress was dating co-star Ben Affleck, which eventually ended, and the movie was one of the biggest flops of all time.
The time surrounding Jennifer Lopez's movie "Gigli" in 2003 might have been the worst in her life, she said.

 Lopez said she is happy now and starring in a new movie, "The Boy Next Door," but took time to reflect on her life a decade ago while talking with HuffPost Live.

"I think the worst, lowest point was the whole 'Gigli' era," she said. "[It] was very tough."

She added, "It was a very badly reviewed film. I was in a high-profile relationship at the time that fell apart in a really bad way, and so the kind of mix of those two things -- the tabloid press had just come into existence at the time, so I was like a poster child for that moment."

In fact, she said, the stories that were in the magazines every week were "about how my life was falling apart. It was a tough time."

But now, Lopez, 45, said she couldn't be happier personally and professionally.

"I've never felt more control as an artist," she said. "[I] feel like I'm so much better than I was when I started and [I'm] able to express that as an artist."

No comments:

Post a Comment