Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Nick Young: Dolphin tried to kill me


Nick Young strolled in late to the Lakers' locker room Tuesday at Staples Center, a little more than an hour before tipoff of their 106-96 loss to the Denver Nuggets.
Nick Young strolled in late to the Lakers' locker room Tuesday at Staples Center, a little more than an hour before ....

The Lakers' reserve guard wore a huge smile, as usual, and a black sweater with the word "ROMANTIC" stretched across the front, a timely message with Valentine's Day looming and with Young recently saying he just needs some "love" this month to get his slumping game back on track.

Young then proceeded to stand in front of his locker and, with complete seriousness, recount an instance in which, he said, a dolphin tried to kill him.

The subject was broached following a tweet Monday by his girlfriend, rapper Iggy Azalea, who proclaimed, "Nick is scared of dolphins."

Young said his near-death experience occurred in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, although he didn't specify when.

"He was playing with everybody else, doing what dolphins do -- the 'ack ack' and all that," Young said. "It was my time to ride the dolphin. For some reason, he took me all the way to the bottom. He was trying to drown me. But I saw it happening so I jumped out of the water and took off the little life vest and threw off my little water shoes and stayed outside."

Young said the dolphin took others around in circles but didn't do the same when it was his turn to interact with it.

"He went straight down," Young said. "He was trying to kill me. I think he was trying to get on Iggy. He was a little friendly, kissing her and stuff. He was trying to take my woman."

As Young spoke, Lakers coach Byron Scott called out to Young from across the locker room.

"You like being fined, don't you?" Scott said.

"Who?" Young responded.

No comments:

Post a Comment